Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

11lbs for $11 in 2011-Let's be Losers!

apparently, i can't spell. LOSERS, not loosers.
Welcome to week 1, Losers! :) Thanks to all of you who've joined up for the 11lbs for $11 in 2011!  Here we go!

Details:
1.  Weigh In! Starting today, we weigh in on Mondays.  For weigh ins, round up or down to the nearest pound. Some of us have regular non-digital scales. For those of you who have digital... .1-.4 round down. .5-.9 round up. Please email me at 11lbsfor11in2011@gmail.com so i can add you to the google doc spreadsheet. Then you can login to enter your info. (Kim and Amanda, I don't have your emails)
2.  Pay up!  Part of the motivation is, the CASH. Use the paypal link on the right to chip in your $11.
First person to loose 11lbs and keep it off for 2 weeks, wins the pot O' cash. Remember, this is an honor system. Please, BE HONEST. 
3. How will it work?
  • Enter your info- I set up a google spreadsheet here, but it's private. You'll only be able to view it and edit it if you've emailed me. 
  • Link up! I have set up a link up system, so you can post your own updates on your own blog (or create a new blog for this purpose if you want...free blogs at www.blogger.com!) All you have to do, is make a new blog post, including your weekly update. Then, come back to the post for the week, and enter your info into the little magic box at the end of the post. A link to your blog post should appear after a few minutes. It should be a cool way for us all to check in on eachother and give encouragement as we become Losers. (you can click "get code" and copy and paste into your blog html code for the link up to appear in your blog post as well)
  • What do I post? You can post as much or as little info as you want. I will probably post my weekly goals, my plan for getting there, and of course my weigh in. Now, you can share as much or as little as you want  on that...I'm going to suck it up and put my actual poundage. Not a number I love, but it's time to "own the bad dog" as they say. You can opt to just put your loss/gain if you want and not the actual weight if you want to keep that private. For the first week, maybe just share what your goal for the week is to get started, if you're not sharing your weight.  
  • What if I'm not a blogger?  If you don't blog and don't want to blog, you can log into the Google doc on Mondays and input your info there. Here's the link to that.( Okay, the link isn't working...I'm working on it. for now, you can email me at 11lbsfor11in2011@gmail.com. )
4. NOTE: As I said before, this is not for extreme dieters. I consider No Carb, Cleanse or Fasting diets extreme (no offense...just not a fair competition for those of us going a different approach). I am looking for gals who are trying to make good food choices, with a balanced diet of all food groups :)

My personal goals for the week:
  • I plan to cut waaaaaay back on my sugar intake. I have a major sweet tooth (literally, I have a cavity to prove it). It's my major downfall. 
  • I want to eat breakfast every day.
  • I want to drink 2-3 of my waterbottles per day this week.
  • I plan to run 20 miles this week, spread over 4 runs, and at least one strength training mixed in on a non-run day.
  • I'd love to see a 2 lb loss this week.
Weigh in 1/17/2011: 177lbs. (GULP. I can't believe I just put it out there.)
Goal Weight: 160-165 lbs.

2 comments:

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Oh man, I wanna join! But I'm afraid to lose too much weight since I might need it (and the extra calories) for my upcoming marathon. Hope you have a next one. Will join that for sure =)

Julie D. said...

Way to go, Eryn! this is going to be great. excited to get to a good running weight!