Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Whoa. It's been awhile.

I have been MIA from this blog for a bit....I'm actually thinking about combining my blogs...I have 3 right now...adoption, running, and photography. It's a bit much to keep up with.

I've still been running, although not as much as I 'd like. With my family schedule, it just really only seems to work out for me to run early mornings, before my hubby goes to work. He leaves the house at 6:30, so there is not alot of people dying for chance to run at 5am! :)

I'm training for the Eugene Half Marathon on May 1, with one of my best friends and running buddy, Selene. Then we take a month off, and then dive into training for the Portland Marathon! I really and truly am excited about both! Selene and I have been using the Runners World Smart Coach training plans, which honestly...I'm not loving. My training plan is fine, but I'm using the online version, and Selene is using the Ipad app version...and even though we input the exact same details, our training plans came out totally different. So...every saturday, our long run is not matching! So annoying that they are not the same in both places. But...it's not a bad plan. I think I liked Hal Higdon better though.

I'm back to contemplating a gym membership, just because the early morning gig works best for me, and I can't do it alone in my neighborhood. I do have a friend who's starting to run and I could meet early am's at the gym though. So...I don't know. I hate to spend the money on a gym membership...I'm cheap. But...I also don't want to loose all the ground I've gained.

Selene and I chatted today about running the Big Bend Ultra (31 miles) in January of 2013. Sounds so cool...but I definitely think I want to see how I do in Portland :) We also talked Hood to Coast, but there is so much stinking work organizing a team, etc to get it off the ground. But, how fun would that be?? With a bunch of girlfriends? So fun.

This has been a great running week for me. A week when my runs ended, I just felt GREAT. I love those days.

1 comment:

H Love said...

what about the WARRIOR DASH in North Bend in July??? Why not spice it up?? i'll be there!