Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The run that wasn't.

I went out of town with my mom for a few days, to the little ol' town of Moses Lake. I'd planned to do a 5 miler while there on Friday...As I drove around town that morning, I even looked around for a great spot to run. There was a beautiful path next to the Lake that looked perfect.

I spent the morning packing up some of my Aunt's apartment, and somewhere in the tape and cardboard, I lost my enthusiasm for my run. I was trying to think up excuses...I would be more productive to stay and keep working...I forgot my socks, I ate too many milkduds. I finally dug out some of my aunts cotton socks, and decided to shut up and go run. I took my pile of workout clothes to the bathroom, and realized I'd left my one and only sports bra, my beloved Fiona, in the washing machine, at home, in Vancouver. Let's just say, my "girls" don't run without Fiona. Excuses over...no run.

Up next? Tomorrow, 9 miles with my best running buddy :) Bring it!

1 comment:

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

have fun doing your 9 miles tomorrow =)

run safe and run happy! following you and added you to my blogroll =)